Thursday, March 22, 2007

and yet another hike

My dad seems to have some kind of hiking fever, he's crazy. He wants to go all the time. I dont mind, because I like going for a ride in the backpack. This time we drove 15 minutes in the car, and then hiked uphill into a fantastic Redwood forest. It felt like we were a million miles from home.

We saw lots fo birds, including a woodpecker like this one (this isn't our photo - my dad was too slow with the camera to get a picture).



Also there were some deer on the trail.



I saw this great banana slug. It was slimy, and I will remember it next time I am eating my banana at breakfast!



We only saw one other person on the hike, but my dad didnt take a photo of him.

And of course, lots of fantastic redwood trees.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home