Sunday, July 24, 2005

Grandparents

OK, so I know a lot of you are wondering what I've been up to and why its been so long since the last update here in "Riley's World." Well, I have to tell you, its been really busy around here. I've had my Australian grandparents visiting, and also my American granparents visiting. I'm loving hanging out with my grandparents. But its the more mundane things that sometimes get me down. Every day I have to get up, eat, burp, poop, and by then I'm starting to get sleepy, so I go down for a bit of a nap, and before I know it my tummy is rumbling, and its time to get up and do it all over again. This pattern seems to rule my life these days, and I'm finding it hard to break out of it. I mean, I think I'm seriously addicted to breatmilk. They say it can happen with us young ones.

Anyway, its nice to now be able to count my age in weeks, and not days anymore. I think I'm three and a half weeks now, almost four. Four weeks means time to go back and see Dr Nikki. for some shots - I can't wait for that.

I have to tell you, I forgot to mention previously that my umbilical cord has now dropped off. Yeeha!!, I hated that thing, it interfered with my diaper. And the good news now is that I can take a real bath. A few days ago I got a massage right before the bath, and I found that I really enjoyed the bath a lot more with a bit of a massage beforehand. My parents have been taking some classes, so they can learn how to give me these massages. They still have lots to learn about that, but they're not too bad.

This week I had my first trip out of Redwood City. We went to San Francisco, so we could take some cute photos with all the grandparents. Photos are so overrated. I didn't even bother to look at the camera, I pretended to be asleep. Check it out, you can see the photos below, and that's all for today, but check back soon and I'll write some more.


1 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Riley said...

Julia, yeah, i know what you mean, but at least your dad is a great photographer. My parents are still beginners.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home